Build a warm and constructive relationship
In order to build a warm and constructive relationship between Ethiopians in the Diaspora and their country, the General Directorate in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia mainly focuses on the following objectives:
- Serves as a liaison between different Ministries and Ethiopians in Diaspora,
- Encourages the active involvement of the Ethiopians in Diaspora in socio-economic activities of the country,
- Safeguards the rights and privileges of Ethiopian expatriates
- Mobilizes the Ethiopian community abroad for a sustained and organized image building.
Based on these objectives, the Embassy major activities are targeted towards:
- Disseminating accurate information to the Ethiopian community abroad through various media outlets,
- Conducting research, this helps in identifying problems of the Ethiopians in Diaspora in order to improve legislation that is instrumental for their increased participation in nation building.
- Ensuring the well being, safety and security as well as the rights and privileges of Ethiopians abroad
- Keeping the Diaspora informed of issues on national issues.
On our website, you can consult the following pages for the Diaspora: