Latest news & announcements
4 October 2017: Amhara and Oromia Regional State amended housing scheme
28 September 2017: Announcement about Payment Method
26 September 2017: Possibility and profiles for investment in Amhara region page1 page2
13 September 2017: Announcement about the Power of Attorney
25 April 2017: Communications from Universal Property Management Services
16 March 2017: Invitation to the Ethiopian Diaspora Living in Belgium
27 April 2016: Important information for Diaspora
10 March 2016: Download the document on knowledge transfer
10 March 2016: Download the Small enterprise document for diaspora
In order to build a warm and constructive relationship between Ethiopians in Diaspora and their country, the General Directorate in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia mainly focuses on the following objectives:-
• Serves as a liaison between different Ministries and Ethiopians in Diaspora,
• Encourages the active involvement of the Ethiopians in Diaspora in socio-economic activities of the country,
• Safeguards the rights and privileges of Ethiopian expatriates,
• Mobilizes the Ethiopian community abroad for a sustained and organized image building.
Based on these objectives, the Embassy major activities are targeted towards: –
• Disseminating accurate information to the Ethiopian community abroad through various media outlets,
• Conducting research, this helps in identifying problems of the Ethiopians in Diaspora in order to improve legislation that is instrumental for their increased participation in nation building.
• Ensuring the well being, safety and security as well as the rights and privileges of Ethiopians abroad
• Keeping the Diaspora informed of issues on national issues.