Except Kenya and Djibouti Nationals, visas are required for all visitors to Ethiopia. It is advised to all visitors to obtain a visa from the Ethiopian Embassy in Brussels before departure.
- All visa will be valid from the date of issue.
- Tourist visa can be issued on arrival at Bole International Airport for nationals and residents of the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Democratic people’s Republic of Korea (northern Korea), Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea (south Korea), the Russian Federation, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- All applications must be sent via mail with an envelope which has a tracking number. The applications must also have a self-addressed, prepaid return DHL TNT BPOST EXPRESS envelop which has a tracking number. You don’t have to call the Embassy to check whether your application has been recieved or returned back to you since you have the option to track it online at the respective mailing company’s website. If you send any ordinary mail without tracking numbers it will not be processed and will be sent back to the sender unprocessed beyong reasonable.
Note for Eritrean Nationals and persons of Eritrean origin
Eritrean nationals and persons of Eritrean origin shall not be issued a visa on arrival. They must obtain an entry visa prior authorization to their departure to Ethiopia. In addition to the regular visa procedure, Eritrean nationals and persons of Eritrean origins are request to fill a special form: download the form by clicking here.
Tourist visa requirements
- Current passport and the passport must be valid for at least six months;
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of Resident permit or Work Permit (for Non-Benelux Nationals)
- Dully filled visa application form (click here to download the form)
- For foreign nationals of Eritrean origin, please fillout this application form. And the Embassy also advice to submit your application at least six weeks ahead of the trip.
Business/working visa requirements
- A completed visa application form (click here to download the application form) and current passport. The passport must be valid for at least more than six months.
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of Resiodent permitt or Work Permit (for Non-Benelux countires National)
- Visa approval letter from Ethiopian Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs.
- Click here to see the business visa fees
Except all holder of Diplomatic Passport, Official Passport, Service Passport and UN travel document, a business/working visa specially who they have the host company applicants should attach invitation letter form the host company in Ethiopia and Visa approval letter from Ethiopian Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs; The host company in Ethiopia should request the approval letter from Ethiopian Immigation on behalf of the applicant inadvance. A support letter from the employing company and/or invitation letter from the host company in Ethiopia is also required for all types of business/working visa. Those who travel to Ethiopia to attend workshop, research, training and meeting have to present an official letter explaining their stay in Ethiopia from the company. A residence permit for non-Benelux passport holders is mandatory;
NOTE: The authorization mentioned above is needed for employees of local company or invitee for business/working visa only ;
- Journalists/Media: please provide a note-verbal from your Media organization, precise project description with the objectives of your trip, as well as an exhaustive list of media equipment you take with you (including type, brand, model and serial number for each item). Please send us these information in advance. We will then process your request and contact you once your request is accepted.
NOTE:A foreigner wishing to shoot films in Ethiopian Shall submit their application in written document to the embassy one month in advance.
- Diplomats and Officials: Benelux Country Diplomats or Officials traveling with Diplomatic or Official Passport, your Passport Service must bring an official letter from Benelux Country. Diplomats or Officials of other countries traveling with Diplomatic, official or service Passport or UN travel document must bring official letter from Embassies or appropriate international organization.